Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Pinterest

Friday, January 3, 2014

Winter Centers


Hiya Peeps

Shuna here

I has been awhile since I have blogged.....

It's kinda a thing you know

When you have a blog you are suppose to....blog! 

I will try to get better

I hope that everyone have a fantastic holiday season.

I got to go back home to MS and I had a blast. 

We had a giant onesie party on Christmas day.

Here is me in my sassy onesie!


So this year for Christmas I decided to get everyone gag gifts. 

The fam loved them.

I made some printable tags and wrapped these puppies up

Here are some of the more PG gifts

A Jar full of nothing
Red Neck Drinking Glasses
A Beer Cake

An instant boob kit complete with directions


An exercise block

Moving on

I spent part of my winter break getting my centers printed and laminated so they are ready to go. 

Here is a quick peak at some of my winter centers. 

Huge stack all laminated and ready to be cut.




*Snowman's New Shoes
For this center the students are going to pick a snowman and read the color and number word. The littles then match the correct shoes to the snowman and add the correct amount of buttons. Some of my littles will be working on numbers 1-10 while others will work on 11-20.

*Chilly Ten Frames

This is a fast paced matching game. Students flip over the cards and match the number to the correct ten frame. Students then color the correct amount on the tens frame. 

* Icy Vowels
This is a partner game. Students pull a silent e card and read it. Students then find the picture that matches their word. If the word is read correctly students cover the picture with their pom pom balls. 

* I Love Winter Pocket Chart
Students use the I Love Winter story card and students build the story. 
Students then record their answers

*Tallying in Wonderland! 

Students pull a card and count and tally each picture

*Baking "L" Blends
Place a cookie sheet and spatula in this fun station. 
Students flip over blend cookies and match them to the correct stove. 

*Snowman Sentences
Students practice their sentence skills by unscrambling the word cards to make a sentence. Students then record their answers. 

*Penguin Claps
My students love this station! I stock the station with bingo dot markers and gloves. Students put on their gloves and pick a card. Students then clap out their syllables and record their answers. 

*Shiver Me Timbers
Students pick a card and add the problem on the bear. Students then find the correct coat and match it to the bear.

*Icy Subtraction
Students pick a card and read the subtraction problem. The littles will then scoop that amount of ice cubes into their ice tray. To demonstrate taking away students will scoop out the correct amount and record their answers.

*Winter Words
A write the room station


All of these centers and more are part of my It's Winter Y'all pack

You can check it out here

Since you have made it this far down the post you deserve a chance to win this pack.

Leave a comment below and tell me something fun your family did for Christmas.

{Please only comment ONCE...you can't see the comment but I can}

I will pick a winner later tonight

Congrats Mrs.S your email is on its way!

Peace Out Peeps

post signature

48 comments:

  1. Wow! This pack looks seriously amazing! My family had a wonderful Christmas! One of my favorite things we did was make cookies together. Of course we ate them together too! Yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took family photos with our iphones/smart phones. We debated (jokingly) which took the best pictures. Of course there were different versions of iphones, androids(?), and whatnots. One cousin has the same phone from 7 years ago. He swears by it. Then there was two year old Jacob. He wan NOT interested in taking pictures. "Terrible Twos" in total effect. Most pictures show him with a "stink face" or running out of the picture. And his favorite word is "NO"! The iphone 5s and the 7 year old phone won, by the way. And Jacob was much better on New Years, whew. vhair61215@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We played Chicken Foot (a game with dominoes). I came in 2nd out of 6. :)
    Mrs. Black's Bees
    brittanitinsley85@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole family played Just Dance 4.

    Buffalobills8293@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to travel home for Christmas. The most exciting thing was getting to see my family!
    Coley
    cfcoley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to Branson just before Christmas. We went to Dixie Stampede and ate there, Silver Dollar City and ate there and then had lunch with Santa. We enjoyed the food and the company! Happy New Year! By the way, I'm waiting on the Bright Start pack for January! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best ideas! Please pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a large family and we have a gift limit of 5-10 dollars. My family is also very creative and we try to out-do each other. This year my daughters and I made potty kits(we are also a little OCD about public toilets!). Each kit(cosmetic bags purchased at Goodwill) contained 10 baggies. Each baggie conatined a toilet seat cover and anti-bac hand wipe. The kit also had a 10 count pack of lysol wipes and a mask for those really bad bathrooms and when you just have to go ...NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a large family and we have a gift limit of 5-10 dollars. My family is also very creative and we try to out-do each other. This year my daughters and I made potty kits(we are also a little OCD about public toilets!). Each kit(cosmetic bags purchased at Goodwill) contained 10 baggies. Each baggie conatined a toilet seat cover and anti-bac hand wipe. The kit also had a 10 count pack of lysol wipes and a mask for those really bad bathrooms and when you just have to go ...NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Shuna, I hope your Christmas went well. We set up our own photo booth this Christmas. It was blast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always go looking at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. But, it was more fun when we went bowling on New Year's Day. :) tfrteach@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This year was the first Christmas in which my little man really got the whole "Santa" thing so it was fun seeing him get everything ready for Santa on Christmas Eve. He had to pick out just the right cookies for Santa and some carrots for his reindeers. It was adorable!

    Erin Anderson
    andeair@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shuna! The fam and I went to a gigantic drive-thru Christmas lights display and it was awesome :) I would love to win these centers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your centers look great!!!! Love them!!! We went back home to Georgia for Christmas and enjoyed the warm weather with family and friends and watched my sister in law get married. Now it's back home to the snow to get ready for school again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Shuna! The fam and I visited a gigantic drive-thru Christmas lights display and it was awesome! I would love to win these centers to use in my classroom...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all you winter centers, Shuna! Your students are so lucky to be in your class. Happy New Year!

    (We spent our Christmas break making Rainbow Loom bracelets, necklaces and charms. My kids are obsessed!)

    Jamie
    Play to Learn Preschool

    ReplyDelete
  17. We brought out the old game boards and played games. It was fun, especially since that's something that isn't done often anymore! Love your pack:) I hope to win.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We brought out the old game boards and played games. It was fun, especially since that's something that isn't done often anymore! Love your pack:) I hope to win.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back Shuna! One thing we did as a family was drive around our own neighborhood looking for the winners of the light contests. It was actually cold in San Antonio that day and it was great to see how creative everyone is about Christmas lighting. Gave me ideas for next year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This would be great for my active kinders!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This would be great for my active kinders!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We had a movie night where we made our own pizza and watched Despicable Me 2. Before Christmas, we went to a place in NC called Tanglewood Park which has Amazing Christmas lights that you drive through. It is beautiful and has music playing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Before church we went to Lights in the Park together as a family even though my kids are adults now;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. would love to share this with my team.. Love your unique creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your unique creativity! So cleaver!

    ReplyDelete
  26. We had root beer floats on Christmas afternoon with root beer from kegs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved your gifts! They all made me laugh and I'm sure the recipients did too. I was fortunate enough to be able to go to Disneyland with my family during Christmas this year. It was tons of fun but very crowded!

    Vicki
    sheltonvicki@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. We had our 2nd annual Pajama Christmas this year. So much fun (and comfy too!). We wore shirts that had quotes from our fav Christmas movies!
    ~ amy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fun gag gifts! I'm sure it brought a lot of laughter to your holiday.
    My family plays various games on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve

    ReplyDelete
  30. I was able to spend time with my grandson! EVERY moment with him is VERY special!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your Christmas sounds like so much fun! My family had fun cooking and baking together on Christmas. I think we should try a "onesie" party next year! I would love to win your pack of centers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We went to Universal Studios. This is kind of a Christmas break tradition. We had so much fun enjoying the rides, the Christmas decoration, and the Macy's parade.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Shuna! Glad to have you back! I took my girls to see Frozen and they loved it! Thanks for the chance to win.
    -Andrea
    alwayskindergarten@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. We love to watch the old family videos from when we were all younger. Brings back so many memories. So good to see your blog...I love the ideas! I have my scissors ready,,,,, Thanks, Jodie sipesjodie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Watched my son enjoying his first bike with pedals.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Watched my son enjoy riding his first bike with pedals.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Watched my son enjoying his first bike with pedals.

    ReplyDelete
  38. We went to the Christmas Inn and spent Christmas there with Santa and his elves:) Love this unit!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I traveled to Tennessee to visit family. We had a fun time together!
    This packet looks great!!!
    Marcy
    marcy_sundling@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow. So glad I found this blog. Your pack looks AMAZING! This year we got to watch my 3 yr old actually get excited about Christmas. Christmas through the eyes of a child... amazing...

    Mr. Gibbs
    Http://www.mrgibbsclass01.com
    Cgibbs85.cg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. My family roasted marshmallows over the fire pit! Big, pink strawberry marshamallows!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love these new centers! We camped on the beach for 1 week with our 3 boys. Lots of great family memories. Thanks for the chance to win this fabulous pack!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the gag gifts and the printable tags are to die for, hilarious!!! My family played "Pit" this Xmas! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This pack looks great! For Christmas, the fun thing our family did was just together, enjoy dinner, Skype with the grandkids in the northeast, and simply enjoy each other's company without distractions. My mom and m-I-l are both in their mid80's so times like these may be limited in number...

    ReplyDelete
  45. We sat around the living room telling stories and joking with each other. It was great fun! tvolpe74@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi! We all got together, played games, ate LOTS of yummy food, and enjoyed each other's company. My family is spread out all throughout the country, so it was good to just hang out and just chill!! :) ccermenaro@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow this is some set of activities. I am wondering how the centers work when the children get the information incorrect. Do they continue to play the activity wrong, how do you manage so they get the most out of each center activity?

    ReplyDelete
  48. Shuna, just LOOOO-ve your stuff.... keep creating! my kids and I love all your center ideas.... just wonderful!!!! Thanks also, for all the freebies you share with us!!!! Peace and Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...